Fork Lift Truck Training: (Counterbalance or Reach Conversion)
- Fork Lift Truck training is crucial. Between 2001 and 2006 there were 21,190 reported injuries involving forklift trucks. Of these 94 were fatal, 5758 were major and 15,338 resulted in people being off work for 3 days or more.
- On average forklift trucks are involved in 24% of all workplace transport accidents.
- Accidents involving forklift trucks are often due to poor supervision and a lack of training
Therefore having the correct training is an imperative for a safe operation. Having the flexibility to switch between reach or counterbalance trucks can be an invaluable asset for your staff. Our course is designed for experienced operators who need to be able to switch between counterbalance and reach trucks with confidence.
Fork Lift Truck Training Course Aims:
The conversion course will cover the basic operating skills required by the HSE. This makes changing between the two types of trucks a smooth and safe process. On completion of this course you will:
- Understand the key differences between the safe operation of counterbalance and reach trucks.
- Operate either truck safely and efficiently.
- Carry out loading, unloading, stacking and de-stacking procedures.
- Apply the operators’ safety code and be aware of your legal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work Act.
- Systematically carry out lift truck user checks.
- Introduction to the lift truck.
- Operators’ user checks.
- Recording defects.
- Lift truck stability.
- Operators’ safety code.
- Basic driving skills.
- Operating practice, including stacking and de-stacking in varying conditions.
- Written test.
- Practical competence test to a nationally recognised standard.
To achieve the full certificate, you must pass all theory papers and practical assessments.