Fork Lift Truck Training
Fork Lift Truck Training: (Counterbalance or Reach)
(Accredited fork lift truck training for all levels – Novice, Experienced and Refresher)
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) recommends that fork lift truck operators are trained to a nationally recognised standard by an accredited training provider. FFM trainers are nationally accredited and having a wealth of experience offers a range of courses suiting employees who are new to operating a lift truck through to those that are experienced and require a refresher on current standards and practices. Course options available:
Fork lift truck training – Novice:
- For new lift truck operators with no prior experience.
Fork lift truck training – Experienced:
- For individuals with at least 6 months’ experience of operating lift trucks
Fork lift truck training – Refresher:
- For operators already holding a current certificate of competence and needing to refresh their skills within a 3-5 year period, in accordance with the HSE’s Approved Code of Practice and Guidance L117.
* Note: The duration of the training is dependent on the numbers attending up to a maximum of 3 people per course.
The courses combine theory with a practical assessment of the operators competence to ensure that all lift truck operations are conducted safely and to the operating skill levels that is required by the HSE:
On successful completion of the course, delegates will be able to:
- Operate a lift truck in a safe and efficient manner, carry out loading, unloading, stacking and de-stacking procedures correctly.
- Apply the operators’ safety code
- Be aware of their legal responsibilities under the Health and Safety at Work etc.
- Systematically carry out lift truck user checks.
- Successfully complete a written and practical competence test.
- Responsibilities in law
- Operators’ safety code
- Lift truck stability
- Operators’ user checks
- Introduction to the lift truck
- Recording the defects
- Basic driving skills – operator practice
- Stack and de-stack procedures
- Operating practice, including stacking and de-stacking of pallets in varying conditions
- Written test
- Practical competence test to a nationally recognised standard
- Test results
Note: The level of detail covered in each section will be dependent on the type of course being delivered, i.e. Novice, Experienced or Refresher.
To achieve a full certificate, delegates must pass all theory papers and practical assessments.