Our course will give your staff the necessary skills and confidence to achieve the first aid at work certificate. Every work situation holds the potential for an accident to happen. This is why the HSE look more favorably on companies that have documented their first aid in the work place policies and procedures.
The critical difference may be whether a business has the people with the required skills and knowledge. This is because these staff members will be able to respond quickly and calmly to an accident or incident where people are injured or unwell. Thus enabling them to control the situation until emergency services or medical personnel are available.
This three day HSE-approved course is designed to:
– Teach the theory and practice of basic first aid.
– Improve recognition of signs and symptoms in emergency situations.
– Equip participants with the knowledge and skills to respond positively in emergency situations.
– Role of the first aider; use of available equipment and recording incidents and actions.
– Basic hygiene in first-aid procedures.
– Assessment of the situation and circumstances.
– Care of the unconscious and/or in-seizure casualty.
– Cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
– First aid for bleeding, shock, choking and minor injuries.
– Recognising presence of major illness.
– Management of :-
– soft tissue injuries.
– injuries to bones.
– suspected spinal injuries.
– chest injuries.
– burns and scalds.
– eye injuries.
– sudden poisoning.
– anaphylactic shock.
At the end of the course, the delegate will be required to complete a theoretical exam and practical test in first aid. The resulting certificate is valid for three years, although delegates should attend an annual half-day update, and a re-qualification within 3 years of achieving the First Aid at Work Certificate.
Accredited First Aid at Work Certificate.